Business Development Manager (m/w)
Location: Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Munich, Paris or Zurich (HQ)
Who we are
Anapaya (https://www.anapaya.net) is a spinoff of the prestigious Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich). We are a team of highly talented and motivated people from more than 8 different countries. Our goal is to expand internationally, selling and deploying our solutions globally.
Building on cutting-edge research in new network protocols, our products ensure a new level of control and transparency for global networking. Together with our partners Anapaya is building a next-generation global network through which we are delivering secure, performant, and trusted WAN communication to public and private organizations.
Our products include the Anapaya EDGE, an endpoint software gateway into the next-generation global network, Anapaya CONNECT, our global enhanced internet service and Anapaya CORE, our high-performance implementation of the SCION protocol for partnering service providers. Our customers are large multi-nationals and organizations handling critical and sensitive data such as financial institutions or health-care.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager.
The Business Development Manager role is a key role in the sales organization. Reporting to the Sales Director, he/she will be responsible for identifying new markets, new partnerships, new ways to reach existing markets which will eventually extend Anapaya’s footprint and in turn lead to enhanced revenue generation.
- Work in a dynamic start-up environment with immediate international ambitions and rapid growth
- Define, sign up and nurture relationships with new ecosystem partners (Service Providers, Internet Exchange Providers, System Integrators, Cybersecurity companies, OEMs, etc.)
- Provide specialist advice on our solutions, go-to-market and commercial frameworks to our partners
- Effectively manage large scale, complex contract negotiations
- Carry an adequate sales quota reflecting the long-term character of business development
- Work closely with Product Management, Sales and Marketing teams to optimize our customer lifecycle
- Travel regionally to destinations where our customers and partners are present
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Business or Economics
- 10+ years’ experience in selling
- Business software, Networking or IT solutions
- To Channel Partners (SP, IXP, SI, VAR, OEM, etc.)
- To large and medium size enterprises
- Track record of exceeding sales quotas over long periods and across geographies
- Deep domain expertise in the areas of
- Telecom /Networking and/or
- Network as a Service and/or
- System Integration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
We want you if
- Have a great clarity in making with business partners win-win situations
- Have a great business acumen since you are eye to eye with C-levels and business owners
- Selling value to our partners is what you like the most in your role
- Not scared of evangelizing a new disruptive networking technology to the market
- You are an amazing communicator; concise, energetic and convincing
- Your personal success will be the success of the company and vice versa
What we offer
- Highly dynamic and agile work environment where you can make the difference
- On-Target-Earnings and Equity compensation depending on seniority
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days of paid time off
Clarification: on some job boards, this position is advertised several times, with different locations:
- This is only to guarantee the referencing of the position in the different cities
- There is no need to apply for more than one advertisement: all applications are analysed by the same team
- We intend to hire a pool of 3 to 5 persons for to reinforce our sales department for Western Europe, but not necessarily one person for each role and city where the position is advertised, for the moment