Chief Financial Officer (m/w)
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Who we are
Anapaya (https://www.anapaya.net) is a spinoff of the prestigious Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich). We are a team of highly talented and motivated people from more than 8 different countries. Our goal is to expand internationally, selling and deploying our solutions globally.
Building on cutting-edge research in new network protocols, our products ensure a new level of control and transparency for global networking. Together with our partners Anapaya is building a next-generation global network through which we are delivering secure, performant, and trusted WAN communication to public and private organizations.
Our products include the Anapaya EDGE, an endpoint software gateway into the next-generation global network, Anapaya CONNECT, our global enhanced internet service and Anapaya CORE, our high-performance implementation of the SCION protocol for partnering service providers. Our customers are large multi-nationals and organizations handling critical and sensitive data such as financial institutions or health-care.
We are looking for our Chief Financial Officer!
As a member of the Executive Team, the Chief Financial Officer role is a key senior role in the organization, and proactive shaper and driver of the company strategy. Reporting to the CEO, he/she will be responsible for the strategic and operational oversight of all finance and administration functions.
- You will work in a dynamic start-up environment with immediate international ambitions
- You will provide leadership for the Finance and Administration function
- Your experience will lay out our governance, best practices and processes for the years ahead
- You will set an adaptive F&A function as well as internal processes/IT and basic HR functions
- You will be instrumental to a proper reporting and business planning function
- You will monitor the financial performance of the company and advise on corrective actions
- You perform risk management, cash and liquidity management to guarantee our going concern
- You will interact with our accountants to establish proper closing periods and reporting
- You will interact, with the CEO, with our bank and VCs sitting in the board of the company
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 10+ years’ experience in the areas of
- Financial planning and strategy
- Accounting (legal, management reporting, revenue recognition)
- Managing profitability
- Corporate finance (Equity, Debt transactions, Restricted and Phantom shares, etc.)
- Good understanding of the Telecom and Software industry (“as a Service models”)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
We want you if
- You have great organizational talent because you will handle big strategic topics as well mundane tasks
- You were part of organizations who have engineered rapid growth
- You have great analytical skills and communicate perfectly verbally or in writing
- You excel at people management and lead people in-house and remotely by example
- You are timely and precise in organizing deliverables to our stakeholders
- You have dealt/negotiated with financial institutions, tax authorities and auditors
What we offer
- Highly dynamic and agile work environment
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days of paid time off
- Cash and equity compensation depending on seniority
- An annual bonus is awarded according to your performance