Interested in discovering what startup life is all about? Anapaya is looking for interns to assume ownership of an important and challenging project. Grow as an engineer by getting involved in the entirety of our development process: exchange ideas in design talks, contribute to a constantly evolving code base full of exciting new tech, and, last but not least, join us for the Anapaya social events. Make an impact in a vibrant start-up culture within a small team, where everyone plays a critical role.
- Ability to design, describe and implement the solution to a software engineering problem.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Currently working towards an undergraduate or graduate Computer Science degree (or equivalent).
- Good knowledge of at least one imperative programming language (C, C++, Python, Go, Java, etc.).
- Enjoy discussing and debating how to solve engineering problems.
- Systems knowledge is a plus (networking, operating systems).
- Based in Switzerland.
- Work with us on-premise from our spacious offices in Zürich, Hardturm Areal (subject to Corona restrictions) and/or from home.
- Learn about how to build industry-grade software, and gain skills in working with design docs, code reviews, testing pipelines, CI systems, and staging systems.
- Gain new insights into many different fields like distributed systems, load balancers, forwarding planes, build systems, and telemetry infrastructure. Learn how crash-tolerant architectures are designed, built, and operated.
- Familiarize yourself with some of the newer technologies that are all the buzz nowadays, like Go, Bazel, gRPC, QUIC, Consul, Vault, Prometheus, Jaeger and Docker.
- Work in a young and dynamic environment where ideas are being constantly pitched around and every day poses new engineering challenges.
- Participate in company events like grills and social gatherings.